According to MUFON, if you have a close encounter with a UFO, here are 10 things you should do:
1. REMAIN CALM, but protect yourself from any hazards real or perceived. Be prepared to take evasive (but not aggressive) action to get out of its way. Remember you might be witnessing the event of a life time and will want to remember every detail and you can’t do that if you are hysterical.
2. Be objective. Not every UFO is extraterrestrial, eliminate every other possibility (within your means) first.
3. Use a camcorder or camera to record the event.
4. If you have a tape recorder, record your description of the event as it happens.
5. If other witnesses are present ask them to also write or record their observations.
6. If the UFO left some trace of its presence behind do not disturb the area around it.
7. If the sighting is from a distance, at an arms length, what would it take to cover up the object? A Quarter? A Penny? A Dime? an Aspirin? Or would it take something bigger? A Golf ball? A baseball? or a Tennis ball?
8. Try to judge the distance from you to the object, the objects altitude, and its speed. Was it across the street or was it over the next field? Was it tree top level or was it a few hundred feet up? Did it cross the sky in 5 seconds or 5 minuets?
9. Should you encounter some type extraterrestrial being associated with the craft be prepared to take evasive action to protect yourself.
10. Immediately report the event to a UFO research organization for investigation.